Here’s the latest video from Aidan’s work with Stephanie and Yuji at the Spiral Movement Centre. In addition to the obvious functional gains, Aidan now moves with more freedom, confidence and joy.
VHA made this short 2 minute video of me and Aidan for their Heart of Homecare award ceremony last week.
Aidan started working with Yuji and Stephanie at the Spiral Movement Centre in November 2013. This is in addition to swimming. Here is a video they did in March 2014 of Aidan learning to crawl.
I mainly posted this video for Aidan’s laugh at the end. You can see how much he loves swimming.
Here you can see Aidan’s backstroke ending with him standing up on his own. He still often needs a bit of help to stand up but sometimes he’s standing up without any help, like in this video.
His fine motor control is really improving lately and I attribute it to the swimming. His core is stronger and he’s able to stretch his arms higher. Both these things help with fine motor control.
Thank you to all who donated items for Aidan’s silent auction. Over $4,000 was raised.
Please click on the links below for more information about each donor.
Stan Pearl – “The Pearl” Chalet in the Laurentians
- Blanca Gonzalez – Swim coach, For private lessons please call: 416-698-6225
- Aquilla Occupational Therapy, 2811 Bathurst St, North York, 416-785-7899
- Uxbridge Shoes and Repair
- Zoey Zoric, Visual Artist, painter, photographer
- Pitts Photography, photos by Ron Pitts
- Paul A. Teolis – Photographer
- Jacqueline Yeung, Visual Artist
- Ange Zhang, Children’s Book Illustrator
- Gilles Lafond, Visual Artist, Oil Paintings
- Liza Leung, Visual Artist, Watercolour
- Sara Sniderhan, Artist and Art Teacher
- Rachel Chalk, Animation Design, Children’s book illustrator
- Ben Hu, Animator, Illustrator, Visual Artist
- Bobby Singh, Photographer
- Baran Mong, Visual Artist, Life painting and drawing
- Sylvia Lee, Studio Director for Jeff Goodman Studios, Glass Blower and Jeweller
- Patricia Bearclaw, Author & Artist
- Serena Supplee, Artist on the Colorado Plateau
- Ray Sullivan, Fiddler
- With Glowing Hearts
- Play Piano Now – with Certified Simply Music Teacher Karen Derrah
- Patience Brown and family
- Vital Planet Health Food Store
- Lawrence Choi, Freelance Artist —> Broken Link fix this one!!!
- Blue Heron Books
- Elemi Organics (Aromatherapy soaps, massage oils, bath salts, etc)
- Blueberry Pie Studio, Delicious Hand-Dyed Yarns
- Betty and Gerry Bignell
- Mary Druce, Knitter
- Mike, Toronto Professional Firefighters Association
- Diana Claire Douglas, Visual Artist
Aidan can blow bubbles consistently! How? He still can’t close his mouth. He controls all of his breathing in the back of his throat with his Pharnyx. This is huge progress! At home, in the bath, he sometimes plants his face in the water and blows a few bubbles. Its amazing!